World Leader in Facial Feminization Surgery
Dr. Luis Capitán is the founder, co-director, and together with Dr. Daniel Simon, head surgeon of Facial Team, the world leader in FFS Surgery. Dr. Simon and Dr. Capitán have performed more than 650 Facial Feminization procedures and have pioneered numerous techniques in this highly specialized surgical field.
Dr. Capitán is the lead author of the study published in the October 2014 edition of the prestigious Journal of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, “Facial Feminization Surgery: The Forehead.” Summarizing the experience of hundreds of Facial Feminization Surgery patients, the study is the first with a specific focus on FFS forehead reconstructions to be published in the Journal in over 25 years. Results of the study were first presented at the WPATH Symposium 2014 in Bangkok.
Dr. Capitán has been a keynote speaker at many scientific conferences around the world on the subject of Facial Feminization Surgery.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
- European Professional Association for Transgender Health (EPATH)
- Spanish Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- European Association for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
Education & Training
- Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Granada, 2000.
- Obtained the title of specialist, MIR, in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2006 after five years of training in the Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves de Granada.
- Studied third grade in Tissue Engineering, with a doctorate cum laude from the University of Granada in 2006. Master in Tissue Engineering.
- Specialization in Orthognathic and Craniofacial Surgery, with fellowship at the Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology Clinic, Barcelona, with Dr. Hernández Alfaro, and Craniofacial Surgery Unit of dentofacial deformity and University Hospital of Wales Morriston (United Kingdom) with Professor Adrian Sugar. T
- Head of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit at the USP Hospital of Marbella since 2007, where he has focused his expertise in Facial Feminization Surgery.
- High Care International Hospital, Marbella, Spain
- Green Hill Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dr. Capitán performs the following Facial Feminisation Surgery procedures:
|Facial Feminization Surgery
FFS Before and After Photos
Cost of FFS Surgery
Costs depend on the type of procedures and duration of the surgery. FFS Surgery is highly personalized and exact pricing can only be determined following a consultation. Fees will include:
- Preop and Postop diagnotic tests, photos and 3-D CT scans (provided in print and CD in the Medical Report Packet)
- All hospital fees
- Anesthesia costs
- Overnight stay for 1-2 nights in a private room with bath, cable TV and WIFI
- Complete post-op medication and wound care kit
- Mobile phone provided to ensure 24-hour direct contact with the team
- Post-op lymphatic drainage massage
- All consultations included for life
Additionally, a complete series of complimentary services are also included:
- Logistical support from our patient coordinator with travel plans.
- All local transportation for appointments as well as the airport transfer is prearranged on your behalf.
- Welcome Informational Booklet.
When planning for your surgery, budget between €10,000 and €20,000 Euros ($11,300-$23,000 US Dollars) to cover medical expenses.
Consultations with Dr. Capitán
Dr. Capitán offers a free initial consultation via Skype or in-person. During your half hour to 45 minute consult, Dr. Capitán will take the time to learn about your surgery goals, recommend and explain FFS Surgery procedures, and help you make an informed decision about Facial Feminization.
Dr. Capitán offers consultations in numerous European cities. You can view Dr. Capitán’s schedule of international consultations and conference appearances here.
Wait time for surgery dates is approximately 3 months.
FFS Surgery Requirements
Patients need to be in good general health. Chronic health problems should not prevent you from having surgery provided they are under medical control. A current blood analysis is required in advance of surgery. HIV+ accepted.
- Copy of your passport or national ID;
- Complete current blood analysis (to identify if any underlying issues need attention in advance);
- 2,000€ deposit.
Dr. Capitán accepts credit cards and bank transfers for payment of fees.
Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 Oct;134(4):609-19.
Facial feminization surgery: the forehead. Surgical techniques and analysis of results.
Capitán L, Simon D, Kaye K, Tenorio T.
This article describes the main surgical techniques used in feminization of the forehead complex, sequences the different steps in forehead reconstruction, evaluates results obtained using cephalometric analysis, and includes the level of patient satisfaction.
Have questions for Dr. Capitán? Contact Facial Team by clicking the Send Inquiry button above.