Internationally-Recognized Surgeon Offering FTM Top Surgery in San Francisco
Dr. Miguel Delgado, MD, FACS is a board-certified plastic surgeon in the Bay Area who is an internationally-recognized expert in male breast reduction surgery. He has performed FTM Top Surgery and MTF Breast Augmentation for many years.
Dr. Delgado established his private practice in 1989 in Novato, California. Here he opened the Marin Cosmetic Surgery Center, a private, state-of-the-art surgical facility that’s located next to full service hospital. In 1994, Dr. Delgado opened a second office in downtown San Francisco where he provides consultations and pre-op/post-op appointments.
Dr. Delgado’s expertise in male breast reduction surgery, aka Gynecomastia surgery, has earned him national and international exposure from media outlets such as the BBC, Discovery Australia and Fox News. With thousands of satisfied Gynecomastia patients, and decades of experience in sculpting breast tissue to create a masculine chest, it’s not surprising that many trans men have sought out Dr. Delgado to perform FTM Top Surgery.
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Top 100 Real Self Doctor 2016
- San Francisco Magazine Top Plastic Surgeon 2016
- Castle Connolly: America’s Top Doctors, Top 100
- Medical Degree: University of California, San Francisco
- Post-Medical School Internship: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Residencies: General Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital; Plastic Surgery, Stony Brook University
- Medical Center, Nassau County Medical Center
- Fellowship: Summer Research Fellowship, Cornell University Medical Center
FTM Top Surgery San Francisco
Dr. Delgado believes that many FTM patients don’t need Double Incision Top Surgery, and that excellent Top Surgery results can be achieved with a less invasive approach that has a faster recovery and minimizes scarring. Based on his vast experience with Gynecomastia surgery, Dr. Delgado developed a FTM Top Surgery procedure that achieves these goals. The surgery is performed in two stages:
- First, a double mastectomy via keyhole incisions is performed, in a manner that allows maximum skin contraction.
- Later, after maximum contraction and re-established blood flow to the nipple from underneath (about 4 months post-op), a peri-areolar lift is performed to further remove any extra skin and position the nipple in a male position.
Patients best suited to this approach have a moderate chest size with good skin elasticity. In the right patient, Dr. Delgado’s FTM Top Surgery procedure results in a masculine-looking chest with minimal scarring.
For those who aren’t candidates for this two-stage procedure, Dr. Delgado also has experience performing Keyhole, Peri-Areolar, Double Incision with Nipple Grafts, and Inverted-T Top Surgery procedures.
Top Surgery Results
MTF Breast Augmentation San Francisco
Dr. Delgado is also experienced with Breast Augmentation for trans women. Dr. Delgado achieves a natural look by selecting implants that are proportional to the your physique, and ensuring that there is adequate skin tissue to cover the implants. Many patients can have MTF Breast Augmentation in a single procedure, while some are better suited to a two-stage approach that allows for skin expansion before implants are inserted.
Surgeries take place at the Marin Cosmetic Surgery Center, Dr. Delgado’s private, state-of-the-art surgery facility that’s located next to full service hospital in Novato, California.
- Good physical and psychological health
- Hormone therapy is not required.
Out of Town Patients
Though traveling to find the right surgeon if often required, it’s a worthwhile sacrifice for getting the results you seek. Patients who are traveling to see Dr. Delgado can take advantage of his free travel package, which includes:
- Travel Vouchers for SFO to Marin County
- Four nights accommodation
- Free Shuttle from Hotel to Surgery Center (as well as local shops and businesses as needed during your stay)
- Overnight care giver, if required
- Weekly post-op communication
Dr. Delgado’s wait list for a Top Surgery date is 8-12 weeks.
Financing & Fees
If you need to pay for your surgery over time, Dr. Delgado accepts credit cards (VISA, MasterCard) as well as CareCredit. Dr. Delgado accepts insurance and his staff is experienced at negotiating with insurance companies for coverage of FTM Top Surgery. Dr. Delgado does not accept Medicare or Medicaid.
Dr. Delgado is available for FREE phone or in-person consultations at either of his Novato or San Francisco offices.