Nationally-Recognized FTM Top Surgery Expert
Dr. Paul M. Steinwald, MD is one of the few plastic surgeons in the Denver area who is double-board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery.
Dr. Steinwald considers it an honor to play a role in the transition journey of his patients. He and his trans-friendly staff at The Center for Cosmetic Surgery offer trans men and women the highest levels of surgical care and patient privacy. Dr. Steinwald specializes in:
- FTM Top Surgery
- MTF Breast Augmentation
- Body Sculpting for Trans Men and Women
Pioneering Top Surgery Techniques
Dr. Steinwald has performed hundreds of FTM Top Surgeries since 2002. The Inverted-T Top Surgery method he has developed is a variation of the “tried-and-true” Inferior Pedicle/Wise-Pattern approach to breast reduction. This method is designed to keep the nipple attached to its natural blood/nerve supply, and therefore preserve nipple-areolar complex viability and sensation as best possible. 90+% of patients retain a high degree of sensitivity that is superior to free nipple grafts. Patients from around the world have come to Dr. Steinwald to have this specific procedure done. Dr. Steinwald also performs the Buttonhole method of Top Surgery.
Please contact Dr. Steinwald for the most current pricing for FTM Top Surgery.
If Body Sculpting is performed along with FTM Top Surgery or MTF Breast Augmentation, there’s a discount of 10-20% on the Body Sculpting price. $500 deposit to book a surgery date. Dr. Steinwald waives his fee for revisions, though facility, anesthesia and other fees apply. Dr. Steinwald charges no fees for post-operative gender change documentation.
For out of town clients, Dr. Steinwald has arrangements with several local hotels to provide discount room rates. An overnight nurse can also be arranged.
Dr. Steinwald performs surgeries at the practice’s private, fully accredited Apex Surgical Facility, which uses state-of-the-art equipment, highly-trained surgical staff, and board-certified anesthesiologists. Dr. Steinwald is also affiliated with St. Anthony Central Hospital in Denver.
Dr. Steinwald’s academic training includes:
- Tulane University School of Medicine New Orleans, LA M.D., 1992
- Dartmouth College Hanover, NH B.A., 1988
- Plastic Surgery Training – University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1998-2000
- General Surgery Training – George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 1992-1998
In addition to his double-board certification, he is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
Dr. Steinwald has been a frequent presenter at several transgender focused conferences and events:
- “FTM Chest Masculinization: An Evaluation of Form and Function,” Gender Odyssey Conference, Seattle, WA, August 2011.
- “An Update on FTM Chest Masculinization,” presented at the 8th semi-annual UCSF Alumni Reunion and Scientific Program, San Francisco, CA, June 2011.
- “FTM Chest Masculinization: An Evaluation of Form and Function,” Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference, Philadelphia, PA, June 2011.
- “FTM (Female-to-Male) Chest Recontouring,” FORGE Presentation, Milwaukee WI – January, 2008.
- “FTM (Female-to-Male) Chest Recontouring,” FORGE Forward Conference, Milwaukee WI – April, 2007.
- “FTM (Female-to-Male) Chest Recontouring,” UCSF Alumni Reunion/Scientific Program, San Francisco, CA – February 2006.
Consultations with Dr. Steinwald
Dr. Steinwald is available for FREE in-person, phone and virtual consultations via Skype. In-person consults can take place the day of your surgery.
Cash, all major credit cards, and check are accepted. Medical financing via CareCredit is also accepted. Dr. Steinwald does not accept insurance, Medicare or Medicaid at this time.
- Counseling and/or functioning in the male gender pre-operatively is highly recommended though not required.
- Minimum age of 16, with full parental consent.
- No smoking at least 2 weeks before surgery and for at least 4 weeks post-operatively.
- Patients must stay in town for at least one week post-op.
Have questions for Dr. Steinwald? Contact his office by clicking the Send Inquiry button above.