FTM Top Surgery & MTF Breast Augmentation in North Carolina
Dr. Eric T. Emerson, FACS, is an award-winning, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon with over 18 years experience specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery, body contouring and facial surgery. For transgender patients, Dr. Emerson offers FTM Top Surgery, MTF Breast Augmentation, Buttock Augmentation, Body Sculpting and Facial Feminization Surgery.
During your consultation, Dr. Emerson will take the time to listen to your individual needs, and will leverage art, science and good judgement to develop a custom solution to meet your surgery goals. Dr. Emerson’s surgical approach focuses on natural looking results while minimizing risks and maximizing your comfort through the surgery experience.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Plastic Surgery Society of Great Charlotte
- Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Dr. Emerson is also a member of the Charlotte Transgender Health Care Group.
Education & Training
- Vanderbilt University Medical School, M.D., 1990
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, June 1986
- Fellowship in Hand and Microvascular Surgery, 1996-1997, University of California, Los Angeles
- Residency in Plastic Surgery, 1993-1996, University of South Florida
- Residency in General Surgery, 1990-1993, University of South Florida
- Chief-of-Staff, Elect, 2016, 2017
Chair, Peer Review Committee, 2014, 2015
Chairman, Department of Surgery, Caromont Regional Medical Center, 2013
Secretary, Department of Surgery, Caromont Regional Medical Center, 2012
- Clinical Instructor, UCLA Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1996-1997
- Bachelor of Arts with High Honors, June 1996
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Recipient of Community Health Services Grant awarded by the Center for Health services, Vanderbilt University
- “Best Plastic Surgeon 2008” Gaston Gazette Reader’s Choice Awards
Hospital Affiliations & Facilities
- Caromont Regional Medical Center
- State of the art, on-site, AAAASF-certified operating room: Accredited and inspected for safety.
Dr. Emerson performs the following transgender surgery procedures:
Costs above are general estimates only (as of January 2016.) Exact pricing can only be determined following a consultation.
FTM Top Surgery Results
Consultations with Dr. Emerson
Dr. Emerson is available for in-person consultations. He typically spends at least 30 minutes learning about your needs and surgery options and helping you make an informed decision. (A consultation is required prior to proceeding with surgery.)
Wait time for surgery dates is approximately 1-2 months.
Financing and Insurance
Dr. Emerson accepts cash, credit card, CareCredit, and other financing options. He accepts insurance for some procedures. Dr. Emerson does not accept Medicare.
Have questions for Dr. Emerson? Contact Piedmont Plastic Surgery by clicking the Send Inquiry button above.