World Leader in Facial Feminization Surgery
Dr. Daniel Simon is the founder, co-director, and together with Dr. Luis Capitán, head surgeon of Facial Team, the world leader in Facial Feminization Surgery. Dr. Simon and Dr. Capitán have performed more than 650 FFS procedures and have pioneered numerous techniques in this highly specialized surgical field.
Dr. Simon is also co-founder of the TransHealth Initiative, a project bringing professionals in transgender health together in Spain to promote advancements in transgender surgery.
Dr. Simon and Dr. Capitán were the lead authors of a study that was published in the October 2014 edition of the prestigious Journal of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. “Facial Feminization Surgery: The Forehead” summarizes the experience of hundreds of FFS patients and is the first clinical study focused on the topic of forehead reconstructions in FFS to be published in the Journal in over 25 years. Results of the study were first presented at the WPATH Symposium 2014 in Bangkok.
Dr. Simon has been invited to speak about FFS surgery by numerous scientific and LGBT community conferences in the USA, Australia, Thailand, Europe and Brazil.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons of Brazil
- Society of Plastic Surgeons of Brazil
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
- European Professional Association for Transgender Health (EPATH)
Education & Training
- Specialization in Oral Surgery in Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2001.
- Specialization in Surgical Anatomy of the Face, University of Sao Paulo, 2002.
- Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2002-2005.
- Fellowship at Dept. of Oral and Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, Antwerp, Belgium, 2005-2007.
- Received MA from University of Gent, Belgium, 2007.
- High Care International Hospital, Marbella, Spain
- Green Hill Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dr. Simon performs the following Facial Feminization Surgery procedures:
- Forehead Recontouring
- Brow Lift
- Cheek Implants
- Lip Lift
- Chin Recontouring
- Jaw Recontouring
- Tracheal Shave
- Hairline Correction
- Hair Grafting
FFS Before and After Photos
Cost of FFS Surgery
Costs depend on the type of procedures and duration of the surgery. FFS surgery is highly personalized and exact pricing can only be determined following a consultation. Fees will include:
- Preop and Postop diagnotic tests, photos and 3-D CT scans (provided in print and CD in the Medical Report Packet)
- All hospital fees
- Anesthesia costs
- Overnight stay for 1-2 nights in a private room with bath, cable TV and WIFI
- Complete post-op medication and wound care kit
- Mobile phone provided to ensure 24-hour direct contact with the team
- Post-op lymphatic drainage massage
- All consultations included for life
Additionally, a complete series of complimentary services are also included:
- Logistical support from our patient coordinator with travel plans.
- All local transportation for appointments as well as the airport transfer is prearranged on your behalf.
- Welcome Informational Booklet.
When planning for your surgery, budget between €10,000 and €20,000 Euros ($11,300-$23,000 US Dollars) to cover medical expenses.
Consultations with Dr. Simon
Dr. Simon offers a free initial consultation via Skype or in-person. During your 30-40 minute consult, Dr. Simon will take the time to learn about your goals, explain the details of Facial Feminization procedures, and help you make an informed decision about your FFS surgery.
Dr. Simon offers consultations in numerous European and American cities, as well as at several transgender conferences, including the Keystone and Southern Comfort conferences.
Wait time for surgery dates is approximately 3 months.
FFS Surgery Requirements
You should be in good general health, but any chronic problems, if under medical control, are not a contraindication to surgery. A current blood analysis is required in advance of surgery. HIV+ accepted.
- Copy of your passport or national ID;
- Complete current blood analysis (to identify if any underlying issues need attention in advance);
- 2,000€ deposit.
Dr. Simon accepts credit cards and bank transfers for payment of fees.
Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 Oct;134(4):609-19.
Facial feminization surgery: the forehead. Surgical techniques and analysis of results.
Capitán L, Simon D, Kaye K, Tenorio T.
This article describes the main surgical techniques used in feminization of the forehead complex, sequences the different steps in forehead reconstruction, evaluates results obtained using cephalometric analysis, and includes the level of patient satisfaction.