Gender Affirming Chest and Facial Surgery in San Diego
Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD is a cosmetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon who offers transgender surgery for both trans men and women in San Diego, California. Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Champaneria has extensive training and experience in plastic surgery and microsurgery, with a special focus on breast/chest and facial procedures.
Born and raised in Southern California, Dr. Champaneria graduated from prestigious Whitney High School, attended UCLA and graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience, and attended the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis, where he received numerous academic awards and graduated with distinction at the top of his class in 2007.
Dr. Champaneria was accepted into the Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency at Loma Linda University, where he trained with some of the best plastic surgeons in Southern California in each of the sub-specialties within plastic surgery. He served as chief resident in his final year of training. Dr. Champaneria went on to complete a highly competitive reconstructive microsurgery fellowship at the University of Washington in Seattle, where he learned new techniques in microsurgical breast reconstruction, facial reanimation, and other perforator free flaps for reconstruction.
Dr. Champaneria has a strong interest in clinical research and has contributed extensively to the scientific literature with over fifty articles, book chapters, abstracts, and presentations. He has co-authored several book chapters on breast reconstruction specifically.
Dr. Champaneria is a member of the following professional medical organizations:
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (Candidate)
- American Society for Reconstructive Transplantation
- World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- American Medical Association
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association
Masculinizing and Feminizing Surgery in Southern California
Dr. Champaneria has a passion for surgical artistry and precision. His extensive education and many years of experience enables him to produce consistent, natural-looking, and aesthetically pleasing results. Dr. Champaneria offers the following transgender surgery procedures:
- Top Surgery – Double Incision with Nipple Grafts, Peri-Areolar, Keyhole, Inverted-T
- Body Masculinization
- Facial Masculinization
- Facial Feminization Surgery: Forehead Recontouring, Brow Lift, Cheek Implants, Lip Lift, Chin Recontouring, Jaw Recontouring, Tracheal Shave
- Breast Augmentation
- Buttock Augmentation
- Body Feminization
- Labiaplasty (post-GRS cosmetic revisions)
Financing & Insurance
Dr. Champaneria accepts cash, credit cards, and certified check. He also accepts insurance, and medical financing from companies such as CareCredit. Dr. Champaneria does not accept Medicaid/Medi-cal or Medicare at this time.
Dr. Champaneria is A++. I highly recommend. He did a great job and he’s a cool guy, very easy to interact with and quite clearly knows what he’s doing and cares about helping trans patients. — Top Surgery patient
- For private pay patients, Dr. Champaneria operates on Informed Consent, meaning a letter from a therapist is recommended but not required.
- For those pursuing surgery via insurance, a letter from a mental health provider is required.
- Dr. Champaneria will operate on minors with parental consent.
Booking a Consultation
Dr. Champaneria places the highest importance on honesty and taking an individualized approach with patients. He’ll take the opportunity to make your in-person consultation as educational as possible so that you can make an informed choice. The $100 consult fee is deducted from your surgery cost. Contact Dr. Champaneria’s office to book your consultation.