Dr. Pierre Brassard, MD, FRCSC is Canada’s most experienced Gender Surgeon. Dr. Brassard and his team perform more than 200 gender-affirming surgeries a year at Centre Métropolitain de Chirurgie in Montréal, Quebec, Canada.
Education and Experience:
- Medical degree, Laval University, 1985, finishing first in his class.
- Residency in plastic surgery, University of Montreal, 1989
- Fellowship in microsurgery, Maisonneuve-Rosemont and Mayyo Clinic in Minnesota
- Served as an attending doctor at l’Hotel Dieu de Quebec, a professor at l’Hotel Dieu de Levis, 1990-1996
- Joined the Department of Plastic Surgery at the Hôtel-Dieu de St-Jérôme Hospital, 1996; Chief of the Department, 1998-2000.
- Went into private practice in 2000, serving as Medical Director of the Centre Metropolitain de Chirurgie (GrS Montréal)
- Became sole owner of Centre Métropolitain de Chirurgie, 2006.
More recently, Dr. Brassard was invited to return to the Mayo Clinic as a visiting professor to teach about gender-affirming surgery, contribute to research and help develop a Gender Surgery fellowship program to train the next generation of Gender Surgeons.
Dr. Brassard performs the following gender-affirming procedures:
- Penile Inversion Vaginoplasty
- Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS)
- Breast Augmentation
- Body Sculpting
- Voice Feminization Surgery
Dr. Brassard is a member of WPATH and follows WPATH standards. Several Canadian provinces and territories fund surgeries at GrS Montréal.