Facial Feminization Surgery in Florida
Based in Jupiter, Florida, Dr. Vartan Mardirossian, MD offers face and body procedures with a specialization in Facial Feminization Surgery. Dr. Mardirossian’s 7 years of training with renowned FFS surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel, outstanding surgical skills and high patient satisfaction have made him a popular choice for women seeking Facial Feminization and MTF body procedures.
Dr. Mardirossian is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Board certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellowship-trained in Advanced Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with specific training in Facial Feminization Surgery
- Associate Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Dr. Mardirossian grew up in Bulgaria and Italy. In Italy, he obtained full scholarship to attend the prestigious Collegio Armeno Moorat Raphael in Venice, and then the Medical School at the Universita degli Studi di Padova (University of Padua), one of the oldest existing Medical Schools in Europe.
Dr. Mardirossian’s extensive training includes:
- 2012-2013 Fellowship, Advanced Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with specific training in Facial Feminization Surgery, Boston University, Boston MA
- 2008-2012 Residency, Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA
- 2007-2008 Internship, General Surgery, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA
- 2001-2005 Residency, Otorhinolaryngology, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Padova, Italy
- 2000-2001 Internship, Azienda Ospedaliera, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Padova, Italy
Dr. Mardirossian’s academic honors include:
- 2013 Boston Medical Center Special Recognition of Excellence in care provided to Boston Marathon victims
- 2012 Devaiah Award for Excellence in Scientific Contribution, Boston University, Boston MA
- 2010 Presidential citation for Excellence in Foreign body Management, American Bronchoesophagological Association at COSM, Las Vegas
- 2000 Cum Laude, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Facolta di Medicina e Chirugia, Padova, Italy
- 1995-2000 Yearly Presidential Medical student scholarships from Universita degli Studi di Padova
- 1995-2000 Yearly Presidential Medical student scholarships from Fondazione Stefano Serapian, Milano, Italy
- 1995-2000 Yearly Presidential Medical student scholarships from Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation – Lisboa, Portugal.
- 1995-2000 Yearly Medical student scholarship from the Armenian General Benevolent Union, New York, USA
Dr. Mardirossian offers community talks and presentations for the transgender communities of Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Dr. Mardirossian’s private practice is located in Jupiter, about 90 minutes north of Miami. He performs procedures at the Jacobson & Mardirossian Plastic Surgery Center for Excellence and at these certified medical facilities in the area:
- Jupiter Medical Center – Attending Surgeon
- Florida Atlantic University – Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Dr. Mardirossian and his practice offer the following SRS procedures:
|Facial Feminization Surgery|
|Other MTF Surgery|
FFS incorporates skills from reconstructive, plastic and maxillofacial surgery. While there are more specialists in the U.S. today offering FFS compared to a decade ago, there are still relatively few surgeons that have the skills and experience to handle FFS.
Dr. Mardirossian has extensive training and experience performing Facial Feminization procedures. After completing his medical studies, residency training and clinical research, Dr Mardirossian pursued a fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with the world renowned FFS Surgeon, Dr Jeffrey Spiegel. During the 7 years of training and mentorship, Dr. Mardirossian mastered procedures like Feminization Rhinoplasty, Tracheal Shave, Lip Lift, Scalp Advancement and Forehead Contouring, Mandible and Chin Contouring.
There are numerous Facial Feminization procedures, including routine cosmetic surgeries (facelift, necklift, lip lift, etc.) and those that are specific to feminization (forehead contouring, scalp advancement, tracheal shave, etc.) Not surprisingly, FFS is a process that is completely customized to each patient and their needs. Dr. Mardirossian evaluates the patients’ features and assesses their goals, then makes recommendations on procedures to achieve those goals. Some of the most popular FFS procedures Dr. Mardirossian performs include: Hairline Correction, Forehead Recontouring, Brow Lift, Feminization Rhinoplasty, Cheek Implants, Lip Lift, Chin Recontouring, Jaw Recontouring and Tracheal Shave.
Dr. Mardirossian’s mastery of Facial Feminization Surgery makes him a popular choice for trans women seeking FFS procedures.
In addition to FFS, the practice also offers other feminizing procedures for trans women:
- Breast Augmentation
- Buttock Augmentation
- Body Sculpting
Consultations with Dr. Mardirossian
Dr. Mardirossian offers free initial consultation by phone, Skype or in-person.
Financing and Insurance
Dr. Mardirossian accepts medical financing. While Dr. Mardirossian does not work with insurance, he is able to accept Medicare for some procedures.
Have questions for Dr. Mardirossian? Contact his office by clicking the Send Inquiry button above.