Leading the World in Facial Gender Confirmation Surgery Innovation
Dr. Deschamps-Braly is a US board-certified plastic and craniofacial surgeon specializing in facial plastic surgery, orthognathic (jaw) surgery, and craniofacial surgery. He is one of the world’s foremost leaders and innovators in male-to-female facial feminization (FFS), and female-to-male facial masculinization (FTM).
Dr. Deschamps-Braly performed the world’s first complete transgender female-to-male (FTM) facial masculinization procedure. During this ground-breaking surgery, he innovated new techniques, such as the world’s first Adam’s apple augmentation via natural implant. A study of this procedure was published in the April 2017 edition of the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol 139, Issue 4; “First Female-to-Male Facial Confirmation Surgery with Description of a New Procedure for Masculinization of the Thyroid Cartilage (Adam’s Apple)”
Dr. Deschamps-Braly maintains a private practice in downtown San Francisco, the Deschamps-Braly Clinic of Plastic & Craniofacial Surgery. Patients from across the US and overseas visit his clinic. His multi-lingual team speaks English, French, Spanish, and Russian.
Dr. Deschamps-Braly is a founding member of multiple professional societies including the American Society of Gender Surgeons and currently serves as Vice President. He is also an active member of numerous other professional societies and organizations both in the US and internationally:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Society of Craniofacial Surgeons
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- International Society of Craniofacial Surgery
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- European Association for Cranio Maxillo Facial Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Association of The Americas
- American Society of Gender Surgeons
- The Rhinoplasty Society
Education and Training
Dr. Deschamps-Braly began his career after graduating summa cum laude from the University of Oklahoma Honors College with an advanced degree in Biochemistry, which was followed by his graduation from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. Following this, he completed his general and plastic surgery residencies at the same hospital. He then completed an ACGME-accredited craniofacial surgery fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin with Dr. Arlen Denny.
To gain experience from various world-renowned specialists, Dr. Deschamps-Braly traveled to Paris, France, where he worked alongside Dr. Daniel Marchac, a pioneer of craniosynostosis surgery and aesthetic plastic surgery. This invaluable experience provided him with in-depth knowledge and expertise with a broad scope of surgical techniques.
He then traveled to Zurich, Switzerland to undertake a fellowship at the University Hospital Zurich in the Craniomaxillofacial Department — known for being one of the highest volumes and leading-edge centers for this type of surgery in the world.
In 2012, Dr. Deschamps-Braly established his private practice in San Francisco, the Deschamps-Braly Clinic of Plastic & Craniofacial Surgery.
Today, along with maintaining his private clinic, he also continues the practice of Douglas Ousterhout MD, DDS; the world’s foremost pioneer in facial feminization surgery and author of the book Aesthetic Surgery of the Craniofacial Skeleton.
- St. Francis Memorial Hospital, San Francisco, California, USA
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland, California, USA
- University of Oklahoma’s Division of Plastic Surgery, Oklahoma, USA
Dr. Deschamps-Braly performs the following gender confirmation procedures:
- Hairline Lowering Surgery
- Forehead Reduction and Contouring Surgery
- Brow Lift (Browplasty)
- Rhinoplasty (Nasal Surgery)
- Cheek Enhancement (Augmentation and Reduction)
- Lip Lift and Lip Filling
- Chin Recontouring (Genioplasty/Mentoplasty)
- Jaw Contouring (Reshaping or Tapering)
- Adam’s Apple Reduction (Tracheal Shave)
- Forehead Shaping (Contouring and Reduction Surgery)
- Jaw Augmentation Surgery
- Feminizing Earlobe Reduction
- Forehead Lengthening and Augmentation
- Cheek Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty (Nasal Augmentation)
- Chin Recontouring (Genioplasty/Mentoplasty)
- Jaw Contouring (Jaw Reshaping)
- Adam’s Apple Surgery (Thyroid Cartilage Enhancement)
- Jaw Augmentation
Please contact the Deschamps-Braly Clinic of Plastic & Craniofacial Surgery by calling his San Francisco practice +1.415.624.3922, Monday to Friday 09:00–18:00, Pacific Standard Time (PST).