Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Expands Gender-Affirming Surgery in Seattle
Specializing in Breast/Chest, Body, Facial Surgery and Orchiectomy in Seattle
Dr. Rikesh Parikh, MD, FACS is a double board-certified, Vanderbilt-trained plastic surgeon who is expanding the accessibility of gender-affirming surgical care in the Seattle area. Dr. Parikh is impeccably trained, highly skilled and known for his caring and respectful approach to every patient he sees. He offers Top Surgery and Breast Augmentation, gender-affirming Facial Surgery, Body Sculpting, Testicular Implants and Orchiectomy in Seattle.
Originally from Toronto, Canada, Dr. Parikh earned his medical degree at Kasturba Medical College Medical School in India. His general surgery residency was completed at SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine, where he was named the Best Overall Resident. He subsequently received world-class training in plastic and reconstructive surgery during his residency at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, earning the Chief Resident Leadership Certificate. Dr. Parikh also completed a research fellowship at Cleveland Clinic, one of the best hospitals in the United States and known as a leader in medical research and education.
During his medical training, Dr. Parikh won multiple awards, including:
- The Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award, which honors a medical school faculty physician who exemplifies the qualities of a caring and compassionate mentor in the teaching and advising of medical students.
- Worthington B. Schenk Resident Teacher of the Year Award
- Theodore C. Jewitt Pediatric Surgery Goldstar Resident of the Year Award
Dr. Parikh is a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a distinction bestowed on board-certified surgeons whose education, training, professional qualifications, surgical competence, and ethical conduct are reviewed and consistent with the high standards of the ACS. (Not all surgeons are accepted as Fellows.) He is a member of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Parikh was also elected to the Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS) for his outstanding leadership abilities, sensitivity, honesty, good judgement and community service. He is a resident peer reviewer for the journal Archives of Surgery and has presented his research at the national and international level.
Dr. Parikh performs numerous gender-affirming procedures:
- Top Surgery: Double Incision, Peri-Areolar, Keyhole, Inverted-T and Buttonhole methods
- Body Masculinization (Sculpting/Contouring)
- Facial Masculinization
- Testicular Implants – Silicone or saline filled
- Facial Feminization: Forehead Recontouring, Brow Lift, Lip Lift, Chin Recontouring, Tracheal Shave
- Breast Augmentation
- Buttock Augmentation
- Body Feminization (Sculpting/Contouring)
- Hair Grafting
Dr. Parikh operates at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland, Overlake Medical Center in Bellevue and Swedish Issaquah – Swedish Medical Center Seattle.
Dr. Parikh follows WPATH guidelines for surgery:
- You will need to provide two referrals from qualified mental health professionals for genital procedures; one referral for other procedures.
- A letter from your hormone specialist stating you have been on 12 months of continuous hormones for genital procedures, unless clinically contraindicated.
- Smoking cessation.
- Pre-op mammogram
- 18 years of age or older
Financing & Insurance
Dr. Parikh accepts cash, credit cards, medical financing and Medicare. He does not accept Medicaid or private/employer insurance at this time.
Exact pricing can only be determined following a consultation. Costs include all pre-operative and post-operative visits, surgeon fees, operating room, facility, anesthesia fees and/or implants and one garment, if needed.
“I am a transitioning trans-woman and my experience with Dr. Parikh and staff was so very positive, caring, and respectful, from making appointments through to my surgery. I truly feel he did everything I had asked to be done in the most caring matter. I plan to see him when I need other MTF surgeries in the future.” — Patient (Source: RealSelf.com)
Booking a Consultation
Dr. Parikh is available for in-person and phone consultations for a fee of $120. (The consultation fee is applied to the cost of your surgery.) Your consultation will be detailed and Dr. Parikh will take the time to answer all of your questions. The wait time for a consultation is one month and surgery dates can be booked within three months of your consultation. Dr. Parikh’s office uses gender-affirming intake forms and you’ll be greeted by “everyone welcome” signs upon entering. Se habla Español.